Friday, November 8, 2013

Her Empty Embrace

Endless days spent attempting to caress her restless nights. But twas not meant to be. For each moment victory was near, another day would surrender yet again to a darkness unknown.
As blackness descends upon me I struggle to love, but it's held at bay. No longer will she grant me access to her precious thoughts. The sounds of my heart will turn black in her embrace.
Fooled into believing my love for her was accepted and admired. Instead left wanting attention like the clumsy drawings of a forgotten child. Where a simple breeze will carry it away never seen again.
My heart battered and care worn, tossed aside a slave to the elements. Spending the rest of forever lost in a neglected graveyard. Alas the carelessness of her departure only endearing her more to my need.
-Johnny V.

No comments:

Post a Comment