Saturday, February 8, 2014

Beneficiary of his Wisdom

Big dreams became his very early, his skill with the sketch pencil brought him mighty praise.  Soon life's duty took hold as his path changed. Forced was he to leave the role of youth and brother to assume the parent tree, hanging his desire on the topmost bough.

His strength not only of body but of heart was known and borrowed far and wide.  With his countless skills and abilities, saying no was the hardest to accomplish. And when his nation requested his sacrifice he went without question. A select few would ever hear his grotesque sights in that time of fervent martydom.

She understood and loved him as none before. His devotion to her was gentle and complete. Those who came from that love became his joy and happiness. His pride in them floated to the ears of all he spoke to. From that moment his destiny was complete.

As one of those lucky four, my ability to repay the debt owed to him can never be met. He bestowed upon me not solely how a man must live but the proper acts of a husband and father. I will forever strive to meet his examples, and fall short more often than not.

His all too early departure on the wings of golden feathered eagles left a void in so many.  He rose thru tender clouds, to become part of Saturn's Fleet. But his love and mark will remain forever in hearts and souls of all he touched.

I owe not only my presence to him but my goals and aspersions. For I am forever a beneficiary of his endless wisdom. I love you dad.

-Johnny V.

No comments:

Post a Comment