Sunday, September 21, 2014

Ransacked


                Her frigid salt stained gaze follows her razor touch, burning fear into my tender new found flesh.  Her cheap and tawdry silence deafens my ears, rendering all mute. My tears fall like the famed Persian arrows, yet her smile is broader than the cold quiet sea.

 

                I beg for the release but my pleas are lost in her stale and passionless embrace. Her arms reach me, trapping my overburdened heart. Escape for me is infeasible; for her delay is darker than Satan’s bed chamber, her discernment deep as the hallows of Hell.

 

She refuses to accept the misconduct she has brought so she continues her brutal journey across my bewildered endeavor. I know all well the endless torture that awaits my commodity but helpless am I to defy.

 

The path without her is painless, but my freedom from her command is damage riddled and more powerful than God’s wrath upon those who disavow his potency. I cling then to false hope and ransacked promises made with postiche but seductive tongues.

-Johnny V.

No comments:

Post a Comment