Sunday, May 3, 2015

Cradle of Regret

     Once I craddled regret in my hands but as I brought it to my lips it tasted bitter and rotten. So confine regret away from your plateau, dine ye on mercy and love. I laid anger in my bowl but it was flavorless and stale, I pushed it aside and served forgiveness, suddenly my pallet was chock-full and sweet. Then I was constrained to sip of despair  but it fell dry upon my tongue. Finally filled my cup with the milk of tenderness.
 
      Today I put aside infantile emotions and painful aesthetics. Today I sour my mind to unthankful spirits. I regret those unable to verbalize of grace. My soul can no longer ingest these, it cannot be sustainedon emptiness and fear. I willnot consent my heart to wither upon the vine of false pride. Leave my aspect any and all who doubt my purpose or refuse my hearth. For I have come too far to accept only cold and causal agency.
-Johnny V.
www.createspace.com/4703766

No comments:

Post a Comment