Friday, November 11, 2016

Closed

I turn to see you, a cigarette between your loveless lips. The orange burns the darkness as you fill your black lungs. Your skin once soft with youth, now dry and blemished with age. Your eyes once pools of love, now only awant for joy. Withal you almost stole my heart.

I saw beauty where only falsehood doth lay. I felt fondness where only a frigid soul exists. Your mouth that once spoke only honey scented words, now but a stank chasm for swine. I once held you captive inside a pallid and unfolding moon. Now I know your soul is but an empty chamber of Rome.

Oh why did my heart alight in thee? For you know foul my air with the bodies of your old lovers unburied. Your once gentle unrestrained spirit, now only a transient celebration of vague worth. Yet still men do clamber to your bosom unaware of the swindle of death that awaits them. I was an angel trapped in a golden web, now free of any of your wiles.

-Johnny V.

No comments:

Post a Comment