Friday, March 10, 2017

Resistless Attention.

"I have a use for you." She told me a lifespan ago, but my heart has yet to pretermit the memory from its violet gloom. She used me for a brief instant, since then my inclination for her has not faltered, nor lessened inside my dark eyes.

By practice she discards her wanton lovers like picayune scraps of grit hidden gingerly inside her finespun table-linen. Me, she kept by her incline like a token of esteem given her by an admirer, with a hero's wandering eye.

I jerk at her pleaded skirt, like a wounded and needy child begging for its mother's resistless attention. She grants me one timid glance then brushes me aside like a pesky flea. She has a beauty that could peak the marvel of total strangers. I the straw boss, once robed in warrior vesture, alone behold the shroud and empty grave.

-Johnny V.

1 comment:

  1. Such an intricate post I must say. It's so true with one sided loves, you are always on the edge of getting lost into be wilderness. It takes quite a heart to express your feelings in such a beautiful yet painful way.

    ReplyDelete