Saturday, April 21, 2012

My friend Bernice

I had breakfast with an old friend today. It was so much fun. What was so cool is how we just picked right up and started talking. Just like we were hanging out in the lunch room at Central back in the 80's. Like if we never lost a step. I think that says something about friendship. Real friendship. We have all run into someone from our past and said lets get together. And if by some chance you do. Sometimes you find that the whole even is awkward and strange. That what ever you all had in common back then is gone. And that currently you have no interest in talking to this person. But we chatted for almost two hours. And it felt like ten minutes. I am sure we could have continued for another hour easy. It really made my day. I needed that because I have been so down and depressed lately. I thank her for that. And I thank her for wearing flip flops and letting me see her pretty painted toes. I tried to sneak looks every chance I got. Not sure if she caught me. But even if she did she is too nice to say anything. I am a lucky man to have such neat friends. -Johnny V.

No comments:

Post a Comment