Sunday, October 19, 2014

Blind Ears



I did not request your passion while nailed to that dead tree, yet you demand of me a reply. You have given me drink from the milk of human kindness, but only long after it has outlived its utility. I am allowed to dine only where my shouldering ashes lie in wait. Bent so far past my throttle my bruised ego is forever shamed.

My retort falls upon blind ears, your back is turned to me for to hide your grin. I am not able to see your joy in the demise of your preferred creation. So on my knees I doth fall, as my tear dashed face begs to be freed from pain, and dragged to my final doom.

Plagued by scenes of my delightful youth I am made to fight against the unmolested dead. But even in victory their humor will not be wooed. My torment is a pleasure you must behold. Your laughter even in thy father’s judgment remains unshent. I am left to wallow in a nuisance so deep I cannot trust the hangman’s knot.

-Johnny V.

No comments:

Post a Comment