Friday, October 10, 2014

Player

Player
I draw near to kiss your purple scented lips, you reject me. "No!" You demand, "It was only a small seed, but your delusions built a sturdy tree."
Your lips are layered with falsehoods! For it was you as well that watered and blessed the sapling’s insistence with your sweet words, and honey dipped lies."
Your need for a hero and not a lover was hidden from my knowledge and so I bore the weight of both. But you were a coward who could not correct me, and so the role was but a farce that kept my heart nigh.
I played the fool reciting your passion play in hopes that someday I would emerge victorious. But was never to be for when the lights did shine and the curtain fall the stage was filled with a different hero and the bill devoid of my voice.
The masses from their stations did cheer and delight in this handsome new imp. Never to know the true character of the night walks alone weeping copious tears false script in hand and weakened heart in tow.
www.createspace.com/4703766

No comments:

Post a Comment