Thursday, November 6, 2014

False Knight


                I step on the far side of the threshold and smile, for I foolishly believe I am free of her. Then like an infected wound she shows her true nature and the pain inundates back and drowns my very being, I am unable to stop her dapple brown swellings and their destructive spread eastward.

                I hold stock-still to her false promises. Though my pen is blunt and culls the dispose of humanity to her ink well, I will never write her anthem on given parchment. She crosses the wakening spring and can exuviate truth at a glance, she sips with greed from immortal drink knowing it laced with pithy hemlock and holds but a single glimpse of redemption.

                I see well that my valiant effort becomes a feeble attempt that will avail not. And despite my diamonds fleshy aura the valley lilies are deemed to wither. I battle against miters and crowns, hear my infant brother cry out, waste not new blood on old wounds.

-Johnny V.

No comments:

Post a Comment