Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Remnant of Duty

Upon my threshold you landed, a broken winged and bitter angel. The tortured but silent cries you hid from the world played the sounds of Gabriel's Brass deep inside my ears. I took you into my compassion and nursed your tattered dreams and lost courage. Your strength diminished you clung to my solemn oath.

The further I cared for your wounded body the deeper became my love for your precious soul. But in synoptic time as your body matured in strength your reliance on me left your bosom. For never has the healing power of love been bested. I denied the truth of your move to personal indigence.

Although my eyes and heart did weep, my mind did apprehend that your invigoration was not meant for me. I know that our walk together was only a seductive tally, your ultimate step to disembarrass could only be taken alone. I was capable of assist no longer for even the Lord himself knows that love is the remnant of duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment