Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Pained Creature

The frail, wooden ferry drifts past my station. Charon’s purse is heavy with my gold. Yet he will not stop and await my board. I will not make the river crossing this night, for my duties on this side remain unfinished. I first, God claims must forgive the cruelty she imparted to me, but this I cannot do. For then I must concur that harm and mal-thought were in her mind. Defeated thought it may be my heart is unwilling to accommodate her infliction. I must also accept that she is less than I believed flawless and precious.

She, like others before, is a bruised and pained creature of the Lord, with no desire to return to me. So hopelessly I linger trapped partly in both worlds but incompetent to join in the joys granted by either. I am but a surveyor, an observer of happiness and love enjoyed by others and pulled far beyond my grasp.

-Johnny V.

No comments:

Post a Comment