Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Velvet Scent


Her beauty can set ablaze the frozen winter night. My veneration to her is boundless and complete. She alone brings joy to the darkest sapience of my tragic strength. She affords me but a brief moment to hold and taste her joyous smile. When done and my fill is had it was if I lived well beyond God’s plan.

                But that glorious and fleeting savour of her was greater than any addiction a soul could bear. For with each sip she fed my weak being and too my desire to be nearer. She could enrich my poverty by her very companion. It takes but her gentle carom and my fears are at once rendered orphans and will roam as vagabonds far from my stead.

                I am therefore in her eternal debt owing her my port of salvation. Yet not a single tally doth she scribe, for as each day ends my transgressions she wipes clean. Each new dawn with blank slate I bid her true pleasures bring, and caress her sweet grace in my velvet scented hands.

-Johnny V.

No comments:

Post a Comment