Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Angel Song


           Her strength is her tenderness, she rains mercifulness upon all in her study, beauty clings to her as a cotton dress in a warm summer breeze. She is my Princess and give me gracility with her love each glorious day. She dotes on her progeny with Mary’s gentle care, and takes plume when they succeed. When God first placed her on this earth he blew his most precious respite into her tiny lungs. He settled into her a voice to please his ear, and she sings to his glory in his sacred house.

            Her mother called her Carmen, and Heaven’s angels made note, and have reserved her a choir position. Daily she tolls without disorder to provide for her family’s hearth, even when grim and wounded she conquers the nisus in her itinerary and consummates needed tasks. My love for her is so unfettered that God himself is in awe of its splendor. She is the only soul who can ever shield me from my dingy daemons. I dread not death for her pale foot doth warm my future grave.


-Johnny V.

No comments:

Post a Comment