Sunday, July 8, 2012

Billy Joel

Been listening to a lot of Billy lately. I mean I always have him somewhere close. But have just been really doing some deeper listening. Thinking about how different songs are appealing to me at this stage in my life than did sometime ago. How certain songs have very different meanings to me than before. One big one is "An Angry Young Man." I used to love this song (still do just in a different way) for its teen angst and power. But now I listen to it thinking this guy needs to slow down. He needs to think before he acts. Regrets are the most destructive force in the world. Then there is "Vienna" Saw it one way when I was younger but now it seems to be much more of a powerful song to me. Just something over all not just Billy Joel music that I have been thinking about. Guess its partly because my 44th birthday is coming up in a few weeks. OUCH!! -Johnny V.

No comments:

Post a Comment