Friday, July 13, 2012

Just feeling good.

I am finally feeling good about myself today. I hit a point in my life where I made a choice not to be used anymore. I am still the warm hearted guy. But too often I allow myself to get sucked into things because I am a softy. And it just has to stop. I have to understand that I can stand up for myself and for what is right and if somebody doesn't like what I have to say then that is their problem not mine. I have to protect myself and my heart. I so often wear it on my sleeve. I often allow the problems of others to become my own. I try so hard to help them and solve their problems that my own seem to suffer. And that is unfair to me and to my family. This will not happen anymore. I will always be here to help my friends and loved ones. I will do all that I can to help out. That will never change but I will no longer put their needs above my own needs and feelings. I have done that in the past and it has caused me to do things I didn't like. It caused me to act in ways I didn't like. I can't have that happen again. Not for my personal sanity, not for my family's sake, and especially for my health. So I am turning over a new leaf and will not let this happen again. I feel good!!! -Johnny V.

No comments:

Post a Comment